Cream Puffs seem to be one of those universal desserts that everyone enjoys! This recipe is a classic Choux Pastry that is also super easy!
While the recipe is slightly different than the Cream Puffs that you buy today in the stores or enjoy during celebratory events, these are delicious! Don’t let fancy French words like Choux Pastry scare you off from trying this recipe, this classic Cream Puff recipe is quick and super easy. The same can be said as the Cream Puff filling my grandma made for her Cream Puffs.
Honestly, when I found this recipe among the hundreds in her recipe box was the moment when the lightbulb went off and I knew I needed to post her recipes so they would not be forgotten.
When I found this recipe for Cream Puffs in her recipe box, I knew I needed to post her recipes.
Serve these Cream Puffs with some whipped topping like my grandma would, or with a little Chocolate Ganache on top and they will be devoured! This recipe is a classic Choux Pastry, that can also be used to make Eclairs as well. You will just need to adjust shape and baking time!
- Cookie Sheet
- Stock pot
- Partchment Paper
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil water, butter, and salt.
- Stir in flour while boiling and stir quickly until mixture thickens.
- Let Cool. Once the batter is cooled. Mix in the eggs unbeaten and one at a time.
- Drop by the tbsp on parchment lined baking sheet and place in a 400 degree oven for 20 min. Bake until they are a deep golden brown.
- Allow puffs to cool on a wire rack. Fill with vanilla pudding or cream puff cream and top with whipped topping or chocolate.