My mom’s Crustless Pumpkin Pie is one of our family’s favorite recipes during the holidays. The best part, this pumpkin pie recipe is easy, only has four ingredients, and most importantly it’s delicious!Jump to Recipe
Since the holidays will be here before we know it, I thought I would share one of my family’s favorite recipes. Exchanging recipes with people is one of my favorite things, especially when they are family recipes. Most recipes have a story, and I enjoy hearing them all because the story is a way to bring us all together.
Growing up my grandmother made the best pie crust ever, seriously, EVER! I have tried over the years to recreate her pie crust, but no matter how much I try it just isn’t right. My quest for the perfect flaky pie crust is not over so if you have any tips and tricks, I am are ALL ears.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be found at almost any grocery store. All you have to do is find a can of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix, look at the recipe on the back of the can and grab some Bisquick.
My mom has taken a much easier approach during the holidays. Instead of messing with a pie crust, our family tradition for pumpkin pie is my mom’s crustless pumpkin pie. I promise you, this is the easiest pie recipe you will ever make. The best part, it is delicious. My mom makes enough for each of us to have our own pie. Don’t you just get one piece out of a pie anyway?
The recipe started after mom was visiting her friend Judy, who was making a coconut cream pie. As Judy was mixing the ingredients my mom noticed that she mixed in Bisquick and then poured the mixture into an empty pie dish instead of into a pie crust. She thought, well that looked simple and she also wondered if that would work in other pies. Obviously, it worked and the story began.
Now every year my niece and nephew make the Crustless Pumpkin Pies with my mom. It is their tradition, and traditions are what is all about!
The best part is the story’s next chapter. Now, my mom has two little helpers, my niece, and nephew, who started a tradition a few years ago. Now, every year the kids help her make the pies the night before Thanksgiving. Last year I filmed them making them, I always wanted them to be able to remember that moment, to hear my mom’s voice, and to also remember spilling stuff EVERYWHERE!! The laughter and the memories is what it is all about! Most of all, I also wanted them to remember the very important lesson as to why an immersion blender needs to stay immersed!! LOL
The ingredient list is very easy to find, you can find it on the label of a can of pumpkin pie. We prefer Libby’s and it comes out perfect every time. The only other things you need are Eggs, Carnation Evaporated Milk, and Bisquick. See, easy to find no matter where you are shopping.
Linda’s Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9-inch pie dish
- immersion blender or hand mixer
- 1 Cookie sheets
- Pam or cooking spray
- 1 30 oz Can Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2/3 Cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 Large Beaten Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Bisquick
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the Pumpkin Pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs in a large bowl. Make sure you mix everything well.
- Next, mix in 1/4 cup of Bisquick. We use an Immersion blender to make sure that everything is blended well and their are no lumps. Plus, it makes clean up much easier!
- Spray cooking spray in your 9 inch pie pans and pour the batter into the pan.
- Do not overfill the pie dish, as this pie bakes it will inflate. It is also a good idea to place them on top of a cookie sheet. Not only does it make it easier to get out of the oven it makes it a lot easier to catch overflows!
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 min. After 15 minutes, reduce the oven tempurature to 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refridgeate.